The Scots Kirk is a splendid octagonal church of 1819 (rebuilt after the 1907 earthquake) in downtown Kingston, with brick walls around timber columns, upper floors and roof. At first sight it looks fine as it is superficially very well maintained by its congregation: however it has ongoing problems caused by termite damage to its timber structure, and they struggle to raise the funds needed to deal with this. The damage is often concealed by paintwork and by the iron decorative castings which form the plinths and capitals of the columns. The highly polished mahogany columns around the nave simply glow though a slightly unexpected note is sounded by the magnificent chandelier.
For more information about the history of the Scots Kirk, see this blog post by Dr Stephen Mullen, University of Glasgow: https://glasgowwestindies.wordpress.com/2015/07/05/the-scots-kirk-of-colonial-kingston-jamaica/